Re: [ncpeacejustice] Report: San Francisco completely shut down
by Threehegemons

The anti-war uprising in San Francisco yesterday was the greatest action of the
North American left since the anti-WTO protests in Seattle in 1999.  Although
many of us think of the sixties as the golden age of protest, its difficult to
think of anything quite like this in that era, when insurrectional activity was
largely limited to college campuses, college towns, and African American
neighborhoods.  There is a great deal all of us struggling to end the war can
learn from this action, well described in the San Francisco Chronicle article
described below.  I read in the Asia times that Bush has already lost Europe in
trying to win Iraq; yesterday he lost San Francisco.  Tomorrow Raleigh, New
York, Washington?

Steven Sherman