NEWS FLASH--Bush COALITION GAINS MASSIVE NEW MILITARY ALLY
by Alan Spector
13 February 2003 16:01 UTC

First Bulgaria, and now----

Today's newspapers reported that the parliament of Romania has voted
UNANIMOUSLY (with many abstentions) to support the U.S. government's plan to
attack Iraq. They have pledged to send about 128 troops to help in the
effort.

That is just a bit more than the number of students in my 9:30 lecture
class.

====================================

On another, related, note, we see where the once-lowly Northwestern
basketball team has defeated Purdue, just after defeating Indiana, two
highly regarded (Indiana) state university basketball teams. Indiana is
having a serious financial crisis. Northwestern, a private school, announced
that their fundraising effort was a smashing success. The real question is:
will Indiana and Purdue suddenly find themselves with some huge anonymous
grant to help ease their crisis? Okay, I'm just joking (maybe.)  But how
much is poor, desperate, cashed-strapped Romania going to get for sending
their 128 troops, and lending their "name" to this assault on Iraq?

Alan Spector