Re: Shaikh - unequal exchange
by e. ahmet tonak
03 February 2003 02:24 UTC

g kohler wrote:

I find the work by Shaikh, Tonak and collaborators on this subject very
impressive and important. Here is a question: Shaikh does not seem to think
much of the concept of unequal exchange a la Emmanuel. Is that impression
correct? My reasons for thinking so are (1) I have not found a single
article by Shaikh on unequal exchange;

Anwar's two-part article in Science and Society almost exclusively devoted to the idea of unequal exchange and transfer of value. Here is the direct link:

http://homepage.newschool.edu/~AShaikh/lawvalue2.pdf

--
Frequently the only possible answer is a critique of the
question and the only solution is to negate the question.

Karl Marx, 1857, Grundrisse, "The Chapter on Money,"  p.127.

E. Ahmet Tonak
Professor of Economics

Simon's Rock College of Bard
84 Alford Road