Join Inspections of US Arms
by boles
09 December 2002 14:52 UTC

Not interested in a war against Iraq?  Become a Weapons Inspector of US
Weapons of Mass Destruction www.rootingoutevil.org

CANADIANS TO LEAD WEAPONS INSPECTION TEAM INTO USA

November 21, 2002

(Toronto) - A coalition of Canadian peace groups today announced their
intention to send an international team of volunteer weapons inspectors
into the United States later this winter.  The coalition, Rooting Out
Evil, are recruiting inspectors through their newly launched
website,www.rootingoutevil.org.

"Our action has been inspired by none other than George W.Bush," said
Christy Ferguson, a spokesperson for the group." The Bush administration
has repeatedly declared that the most dangerous rogue nations are those
that:

1)  have massive stockpiles of chemical, biological, and nuclear
weapons;
2)  ignore due process at the United Nations;
3)  refuse to sign and honour international treaties; and
4)  have come to power through illegitimate means.

"On the basis of President Bush's guidelines, it is clear that the
current U.S. administration poses a great threat to global security,"
said Ferguson.   "We're following Bush's lead and demanding that the
U.S. grant our inspectors immediate and unfettered access to any site in
the country -including all presidential compounds - so that we can
identify the weapons of mass destruction in this rogue state," added
David Langille.

Visitors to Rooting Out Evil's website are invited to sign on as
honorary members of the weapons inspection team.Honorary inspectors can
participate in the action, or they can simply lend the support of their
name as they would on a petition.  The actual inspection team that
crosses the border will be comprised of prominent individuals from
Canada and other countries.

The Rooting Out Evil coalition includes Greenpeace Canada, the Centre
for Social Justice, and the Toronto Committee Against War and Sanctions
on Iraq, and is supported by American groups such as the National
Network to End the War Against Iraq, Global Exchange and the US section
of the Women's International League for Peace and Freedom.  They oppose
the development, storage, and use of weapons of mass destruction by any
state.

For information:  David Langille or Christy Ferguson
info@rootingoutevil.org

David Langille, Director of Public Affairs
CENTRE FOR SOCIAL JUSTICE
489 College Street, Suite 303
Toronto, Ontario
M6G 1A5
Tel:  416-927-0777 x225
Fax:  416-927-7771
Toll free: 1-888-803-8881
Email:  langille@socialjustice.org
Website:  www.socialjustice.org

Not interested in a war against Iraq?  Become a Weapons Inspector
www.rootingoutevil.org