Re: Has China Become an Ally?
by Threehegemons
28 October 2002 03:05 UTC

Interesting theories, much of which I agree with.  Why do you anticipate
migration into Russia--usually migrants move towards some relatively dynamic
economic area--is this the case with Eastern Russia?

 I am reminded of the argument Kies van der Pjil makes that the US allied with
China in the early 70s (Nixon's trip) as a pincer move against the Soviet bloc
because  China has unparalleled manpower to fuel a land army.  Will the US
attempt to harness that manpower in its efforts to 'fight terrorism' in
South-Central Asia?

Steven Sherman