USA caught spreading lies again???
by Danny Dayus
30 September 2002 20:23 UTC

I am rather concerned that a possible propaganda operation involving the USA
government may be missed.
It concerns the recent story in the media about uranium smugglers in
Southern Turkey. When it broke it was used by many right wing "commentators"
as further justification for the war in Iraq. However, according to CNN on
29th September, the authorities released the two men without charge because
of "insufficient evidence". The two men, as yet not identified, have since
disappeared without trace.
Given that the material has indeed been identified as uranium, can there
really not be sufficient evidence to keep these two for questioning? This
seems very suspicious to me. It ought to be investigated with vigour as soon
as possible.
Check out http://www.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/meast/09/29/turkey.uranium/