Re: dialogue of civilizations?
by francesco ranci
02 May 2002 09:28 UTC

If you put a certain number of trees together, you
have a "wood" ("forest", "jungle"). The term "wood" in
such a case is not more "ideological" than any other
term. Many ships can make a "fleet" and many human
beings can become a "people", many words a "language"
and many ideas a "culture", many habits can make a
"civilization"... and so on (you may prefer to say tha
a culture is made of habits and a civilization of
rules, or elsewise, but my point is not about how to
achieve the best semantic results right now).

I agree that terms like "civilizations" are often used
in a vicious way, from my point of view. But also are
many other terms. We can't abolish them.

Best regards,
Francesco Ranci