What is a government?
by Seyed Javad

Greetings,

Within secular social and human sciences there have been an enlightening and greatly complex debates on the role of 'Governement', 'Governmentality' (e.g. Focault), and constitutional governements and their various forms and institutions (and the mechanisms to hold and reproduce them).  However, I am wondering what we have in this postmodern era, unlike what Giddens think that we are in a Late Modern Era, is, say in US and UK or France, a Government or the spread of and establishment of some kind of 'Pan-nationalism'?

Kind
Seyed
University of Bristol