Re: delayed effect of the Holocaust
by LR

Without the U.S. approval and support Israel could not do what is doing, so
interests of "the centre" are determinant. Israeli rulers, like U.S. ones,
thinks that they can extend and maintain their control spheres just by their
huge military superiority, but that is plausibly a wrong calculus in the
medium term, given that any power based only on brute force is unlikely to
last for long.
War crime tribunals like the one for Milosevic are a farse. The only serious
hypothesis would be an independent world court, that was refused by U.S. The
first priority would be the deployment of an international force to protect
Palestinians, and that is decidedly refused by Israel.
The matter is not the existence of Israel. Palestinians with all the Arab
countries accepted it. The problem is the systematic war crimes conducted
from Israeli forces against Palestinians especially in the last two years
(300 Israeli and 1300 Palestinians killed in the II Intifada, mostly teens,
children and women),  the continuous expansion and proliferation of new
Israeli settlements, and the many crimes committed every day against
Palestinians; that leads Palestinians to suicide and kill with bombs because
it is their only possibility to react to all this and because they are in
inhuman conditions, with the expectaction to end like native americans in
the U.S.
At this regard the holocaust is significant only because it is another
confirmation that humanity tends to repeat the same errors /crimes, not
learning from history or experience in the long run. This does not leave
space for much hope, and it make me ask if the term civilization has some
meaning, apart the progress from stick and stones to the atomic bomb.

Luca Rondini
Roma, Italy

"Thou shalt not kill". The Bible, Exodus 20:13