Is the Last Empire Falling Down?
by Seyed Javad

Greetings,

Prior to the collapse of Soviet Union, there emerged various so-called rebellions within Soviet Borders and without them (but within the Soviet Control). The forces of Communist arguments in Caucasus and Central Asia turned into brutal argument of Communist forces to crack down these so-called rebels and bandits (the postmodern equivalent for terrorists).  Although, the very sphere of Amercian infulence and the mechanisms of its power vary from the Soviet one nontheless there are empire-like similarities between the two and the very way they were (in the case of Soviet) and are (in the case of US) reacting in shaping the politics of force make me to ask the following question:

Are we witnessing the collapse of American Empire both from within and without as we wintnessed the Russian one 12 years ago?  Aren't the so-called crisis of Middle East and Israeli-Palestinian and Axis of Evil geo-political indicators that the Last Empire is about to fall down?  Shouldn't we decipher the mainstream political language in order to see the latent mechanisms of 'Collapse of the Last Empire'?

Kind

Kafkazli Seyyed

University of Bristol