Re: Visualizations of trade structures
by Carl Nordlund

btw: the optimal distances between the actors (ie the forces that push and
pull the actors in the graph) are established through this formula:

distance=scaling/(sqrt(trading volume))

A short distance therefore implies high trading volumes and a long distance
implies low trading volumes. The data used covers all product groups (as I
understand it) between all pairs of countries in the data set.