Re: military superiority; moral inferiority
by wwagar
26 December 2001 19:03 UTC

        I don't know about thousands of years, or even whether the term
"racism" (as understood today) applies, but there was the Roman Empire,
which did not always treat the barbarians of the North with kid gloves;
and the Golden Horde, which sacked and burned Kiev, Moscow, Lublin,
Krakow, and Breslau, and then ruled over those fair-skinned Russians for
more than 200 years.

        Not comparable to the sins of the North, you will say, and I would
agree, but there have been times when the North was down.  Not to mention
the Moors, the Ottomans, the Magyars, and various other interlopers from
the South and East.

        Happy New Year,

        Warren