Re: Roots of contemporary sexism
by Syed Khurram Hussain
12 November 2001 01:45 UTC

The question of "hatred for women" in the Taliban regime points to a whole
new research agenda.  And once again, here it is woefully inadequate to
simply state that "capitalism creates..." and leave things at that.  For
those who are inclined to explain this phenomenon in terms of "capitalist
impact,"  I invite them to submit their explanation.  Lets see your
explanation.

Khurram Husain
Lahore,
Pakistan