Re: inquiry
by KSamman
27 October 2001 18:03 UTC

<can anyone briefly discuss the Islamic concept of heaven. in particular, what
role does gender play in their conception of heaven. a good friend is writing a
column for a popular audience on 9/11 and the US response>>

He may want to also ask the question:

In order to learn more about the Oklahoma bombing and the US sponsoring of
terrorist organizations like the Contras (which killed 20,000 civilians with
the financial aid and training by the US), I'm also interested in the Christian
concept of heaven and especially how it pertains to the issue of social
justice.  Isn't the fact that this question is not asked of "the West" but yet
made repeatedly for Muslims a racialized question, even by those liberals who
are well meaning?  I for one am tired for speaking for the Muslim world.
"Islam means peace . . ." and all that stuff.

Khaldoun Samman