Economic Exploitation
by Pieter Goes
24 October 2001 02:17 UTC

Global exploitation is a topic that I have seen discussed in the past years in this IPE posting. I realize that these studies are not the most popular, but who has been the "leader" in this field?

Marx regarded his society as deemed to fail, overlooking imperialism as a possible salvation. In our current economy Exploitation has become more and more important. I actually think that most industrialized countries are only able to continue growing through exploitation of the poor (low-income) countries.

Would we able to say that this is a overlooked reason for regional integration? I personally feel regional integration has not been explored to its fullest extend, due to its complication. (too economical for a Political Scientist?)

Pieter Goes
pieter@ptd.net