Jew and Muslim
by jeay
16 October 2001 12:05 UTC

Hi all,
I apologize for my bad English.
This night I was  preparing a lecture on Islam in West Africa and among my
books I found the Memoirs of Muhammad Asad. This Polish Jew who became a
Muslim while travelling in Afghanistan and  was one of the builders of
Pakistan as a Muslim nation. He  also represented Pakistan at the UN and so
much. All during the "entre deux guerres". I think it is a very interesting
reading and we can learn a lot about  the Palestinian Conflict, the
building of the kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Sudan etc. Also about what is
jihad and what is to be a mujadhin .  Does anyone read it ? I should be
very interested by your opinions.  For my own point of view it contains a
lot of elements  able to give a different  explanation of what is happening
and coming.
In France, we are strongsupporters of the "hypothesis" of "oil war" but we
ad also "drug war" . Tadjikistan is the country from where heroin is
distributed in all the European countries.
In French Muhammad Asad's book is named "Le chemin de la Mecque".  The
first edition was in English but with what name ? It exists also in German,
Dutch, Swedish, Arabic, Japanese, serbo-croate, urdu and tamul.

Anne Marie Jeay
Professeur de Sociologie
Responsable de la Maîtrise
Département de Sociologie