Re: forum in utah
by Justus Ogembo
12 October 2001 22:38 UTC

> Your experience is very encouraging - thanks for the report.  We are having
> a "teach-in" about the war here at Johns Hopkins next Thursday.  Hopkins is
> also a conservative place, but a sizable contingency of students have
> already voiced their opposition to the war, so hopefully our event will
> also be successful.
And the following newspaper excerpts indicate popular opposition outside of the USA may influence the objectives and direction of the war now and thereafter:

KENYA

News
Saturday, October 13, 2001

Muslims take to the streets over military action

By NATION Team

Thousands of angry Muslims defied the Government and took to the streets of Nairobi and Mombasa yesterday, protesting at the United States-led attacks on Afghanistan.

They claimed air strikes against the country's Taliban rulers were an assault on Islam.
PAKISTAN

Anti-American Demonstrators Riot in Karachi

By Pamela Constable
Washington Post Foreign Service
Friday, October 12, 2001; 12:39 PM

PESHAWAR, Pakistan, Oct. 12 – Thousands of angry demonstrators destroyed a Kentucky Fried Chicken outlet in Karachi today, ripped up American flags as anti-terrorist police surrounded them in Quetta, and pummeled effigies of President Bush to bits in this northwest Pakistani city.

JO

JPEG image