what do we do?
by Richard N Hutchinson
12 September 2001 19:16 UTC

I don't know about fascism domestically, but it is all too easy to see a
future of large-scale U.S. retaliation (aimed at Afghanistan? Pakistan?)
with lots of "collateral damage."

To state the obvious, no U.S. bombing of suspected targets is going to
bring back any of the victims -- it will just lead to more death and
suffering, and contribute to a spiral of violence and hatred.

It is our responsibility to stand against the cries for more blood, to
stand against U.S. military attacks, and to stand against any nativist
movement that begins indiscriminately attacking Arab or Islamic groups in
the U.S.

Richard Hutchinson
Weber State University
Ogden, Utah