Fwd: Re: Could there be war in the Caspian Sea?
by SOncu
26 August 2001 01:55 UTC

Friends,

Below is a reply from Seyed Kafkasli to the analysis from the Russia Journal
I sent to this list. I was the only recipient of his reply. I checked with
him and he confirmed that the post was meant for the whole list. Upon my
neighbour's request, I am forwarding his mail.

Best regards,
Sabri Oncu

+++++++++++

Subj:    Re: Could there be war in the Caspian Sea?
Date:   01-08-24 15:49:11 EDT
From:   seyedjavad@hotmail.com (Seyed Javad)
To: SOncu@aol.com

Dear All,

The article by ''VLADIMIR MUKHIN '' is very interesting but historically
disinformed. An historical look at the Caspian Sea and the relation between
Russia and Iran and the treaties imposed on Iran during late 19the century
should be taken into consideration. Like the colonization of HongKong by
British and its return in 1997 to China, the Caucaus and many cities which
were invaded by Russians should be returned to Iran. However, the
international community has not even mentioned let alone discussed such an
option. I think there are more to be said about Caucasus-Iran-Russia than
strategical-military debates.

Thanks

Seyed Kafkazli