value-free?
by Richard N Hutchinson
13 August 2001 17:48 UTC

I would say there are few active members of the WSN list who subscribe to
a "value-free" social science.

Yes, you will find a wide variety of posts, many of which involve praxis
-- what to do based on the analysis of the world-system.

Feel free to do what the rest of us do -- pick your battles, and make use
of the delete function!

(Personally, as someone who both studies social movements and supports
movements that fight for equality and sustainability, I am glad to receive
updates on the "anti-globalization" movement.)

Richard Hutchinson
Assistant Professor of Sociology
Weber State University
Ogden, Utah