a question
by ahmet cakmak
08 August 2001 10:47 UTC

I have a question : Under capitalist world-system the
interests of the so-called newly industrialized
countries ( I mean Brasil, Argentina, Chile, Malaysia,
Indonesia, Turkey ext.) lies in to develop high-tech
industries. By " interests of the...countries" I refer
especially the interests of the workers and jobbless
people of these countries. Becouse they demand job,
satisfactory wage, school, health service, good
conditions for retirement and this depends on the
share of their countries in the world technological
rent. The higher this share, the higher their living
standarts. This seems obvious for me. So these
countries needs a national campaign for technological
leapforward and taxation. They need a political party
which struggle for these goals.
On the other hand, most of these countries has
so-called electoral democrasies. Every four year
political parties promise that "it is we which can
gives you what you want" and electorate gives their
votes to the party which they believe the best one to
satisfy their demands. There is no party which makes
the national technology and taxation campaign its
first priority and there is no such a demand from the
electorate. This is the point my question arises: How
can we interpret this situation in terms of the
theories of class struggle ? If my information is
correct, the classes struggle for their interests and
the interests of the people of the countries I refer
above lies in the national campaign for high
technology and taxation. The implicit message of this
for the rich people: you will invest the sectors
government determine. If you do this,the government
supports you. If you do not, you will pay the taxes
you must pay. You will bring the monies you put
foreign banks. In other words a political strategy
which aims to direct the savings to high-tech
investments. Why is there no classes support this ?
Why workers and jobless people has no demand like this ?