Re: Hardt on Charlie Rose
by Elson Boles
26 July 2001 13:35 UTC

> etc.  In general, this list regularly suffers from the  non-sensical
> formulation that what goes on in the world can be divided into real
> 'material' conflicts and interests and 'reflective' ideas, culture, etc.
>
> Steven Sherman

I just slightly disagree with Steve about the list.  It is not so much that
it regularly suffers from nonsensical jargon, and myopia as well, but that
certain contributors do.  In the course of the dialogue we have discovered
that Hardt and Negri are judged not to be good Marxists and have not said
and done what Marx allegedly would have said and done.  Well good for them;
for it is also clear that such criticisms of Hardt and Negri are dogmatic,
and that brings us back to Boris' criticism of Proyect of 7-8-01.  In
contrast, the discussion between Steve and Boris is usually quite
interesting.  I hope it continues.