TB rates
by Tausch, Arno
04 May 2001 13:31 UTC

Our friend Andre Gunder keeps me asking about the TB rates and their
explanation. I ran a multiple regression (stepwise) showing a strong
relationship between daily calorie supplies and the absence of TB. Other
relationships are not as strong as expected, even taking natural log per
capita incomes and the square of that constant.

A rewarding master's thesis, guys: most probably the catastrophic prison
population rate (in countries like the ex-USSR etc.) explains a lot of the
increase of TB in some countries; that is at least what the WHO tells us on
their website.

Kindest regards

Arno Tausch