Climate and Social Collapse [SCIENCE]
by Peter Grimes
03 May 2001 22:04 UTC

List

        Appended to this is a document in Adobe ."PDF" format.  I picked
it up from the most recent issue of "Science" magazine (on-line web-site).
For serious students of world history, it is an essential read.  It
carefully and thoroughly documents the case for the primary role of
climate in the collapse of several important Tributary empires in both the
Americas and Mid-East.
        I have for some time been under the impression that we in the
social sciences have presumed that imperial rise & fall has been primarily
a social change driven by social causes.  We need to be more inclusive in
our thinking, partiularly when contemplating the most macro-scale
changes.

--Peter

holocene.pdf