Re: Quebec wall down!
by Bagelhole1

Dear Gert,
    I appreciate you question. It seems quite appropriate. I am an activist
with my own non-profit, www.bagelhole.org . Recently, the website has been
upgraded. We see the project as a proactive, grassroots focus/strategy. We
have received some encouragement from the late Donella Meadows and some
others, but generally, not much from academics. Donella was both an academic
and an activist.

My question, is how can you or any other academic in your field help? We
would love your support. We would love to see more academic/activists (This
might be the answer to your question).

We believe that as the world continues to rely more and more on high tech,
the situation for the whole planet becomes more vulnerable and tenuous, and
that what is being overlooked is the importance of low tech (analogous to the
previous century's attitude toward indigenous culture vs. the
primitive/savage). What is needed is a low-tech infrastructure along side the
high tech. This way people and communities will have more control over the
essentials for existence, be less dependent on governments,corporations, and
fate, and have more autonomy.  What do you think?

Don't Panic, be Organic,
Mofwoofoo Woofuaza
San Francisco