Can capitalism be reformed?
by Paul Riesz

Dear Richard:
  The fact that your views are shared by others and can be found in
books does not
  constitute logical proof.
  On the other hand my views have proved their validity during the very
long time in
  which Capitalism has existed WITHOUT reaching the harmful extremes,
that can
  be observed at present.
  After World War II, the principles of Lord Keynes were applied in most
Western
  societies with excellent results, softening the business cycle and
resulting in vastly
  improved living standards for their people. It was not paradise on
earth, but the
  regulatory intervention of governments in the economy prevented
excesses and
  promised a better future for everybody.
  Even great corporations benefited from such policies and produced
quite
  satisfactory profits for their shareholders without interruptions.

  These principles have not lost their efficiency, but could again be
used to
  REFORM our society, if we succeed in guiding the energy of the
millions of
  protesters and unsatisfied citizens into a more positive attitude of
fighting not only
  AGAINST corporate domination but FOR a better alternative.

  Regards               Paul