1998-Word Income Lorenz Graph
by Emilio José Chaves

Hello WSN,

Thanks to McKeever for his nice essays. In order to reafirm his words, here there is a rich-to-poor Lorentz of world income made by me from UNDP 2000 report. The world gini index value I found is 0.813 for 1998, while Milanovic speaks of 0.66 for 1994 (not sure about this year).

Observe the difference between real distribution and a theoretical paretian graph for same gini value of 0.813.

Conclusions:

1) Humankind is like a huge Brazil in its overall income distribution.

2) Let's join efforts to change drastically such an ethical-world-human aberration.

Thanks and regards, Emilio