Re: request for information (fwd)
by Peter Grimes

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2001 09:24:18 -0500
From: Barbara Larcom <larcom@bcpl.net>
To: jon <devorejd@stream.mcs.muohio.edu>
Cc: Peter Grimes <P34D3611@jhu.edu>
Subject: Re: request for information

Dear Jon,

You can check out the following sites.

Statement by African gender groups, Feb. 21, 2001, on the impact of the IMF and
WB:
http://www.50years.org/update/africa.html

A menu of very readable fact sheets by 50 Years Is Enough (an organization whose
entire mission is the radical transformation of the WB and IMF):
http://www.50years.org/factsheets/

Links to case studies on the World Bank, from different countries (Bolivia,
Chad-Cameroon, Guatemala, Ecuador, Haiti, Brazil, Lesotho, Mozambique, Pakistan,
Thailand) -
scroll down this Web site page a few inches to the third main heading, "Global
South Struggles Against World Bank Programs : Case Studies":
http://208.55.75.172/cej/Links.htm

More papers on the WB and IMF, by staff at the Center for Economic Policy and
Research (CEPR):
http://www.cepr.net/IMF/index.html

Information about an ongoing campaign (by universities and other organizations)
to boycott any new purchase of World Bank bonds (most of World Bank funding is
provided by OUR LOANS to them!):
http://208.55.75.172/cej/worldbankboycott.htm

A vision of what an alternative, de-globalized economic system might look like,
two short pieces by Walden Bello and Nicola Bullard:
http://www.50years.org/ejn/v3n4/bello.html
http://www.50years.org/ejn/v3n4/globalec.html

Good luck!

Barbara Larcom