Re: I told you so. [Boles]
by Richard K. Moore
17 February 2001 12:43 UTC

2/17/2001, Boles (office) wrote:
    > We all agree US hegemony is past, but is the mafioso
    racket here for a while?  ... Can Europe overcome its
    politics to really unite against the US?) Given the
    structural changes of the world-system since 1945 that
    suggest we are in a period of transition, and given that
    systemic chaos seems just around the corner, I don't think
    we count on the inexorable laws of the world-system to
    continue.

Dear M Boles,

We do not _all agree that US hegemony is past, says this
lone dissenter.

What benefit do you see in Europe uniting against the US?
Was the pre-1945 imperial-competitive era 'the good old
days'?

'SUGGEST we are in a period of transition' ??  Is there
someone somewhere who harbors doubt?

What is the evidence for impending systemic chaos?  Or, from
another perspective, is not chaos what we _already have, by
any measure of a reasonable society?

rkm