Re: Standardized World Chronology
by ecopilgrim
13 February 2001 23:55 UTC

Gentlemen -

With all due respect, you timeframe seems to be way 'out of whack.'
Total agriculture ecological systems collapse due to loss of topsoil
worldwide is predicted within 15-20 years.  With our water systems
(aquifers, rivers, streams) being polluted at an unprecedented rate by
toxic poisons, it may be that even this estimate of 15 -25 years is too
conservative, or so I have been told.  Lead has infiltrated many wells in
Africa but as there is no other source of water, people are forced to
drink from them.

As well, our coral reefs and rain forests, which form the the bottom of
our food chain are being depleted at an unprecedented rate.  They also
play a role, which we do not yet understand, in regulating the 'earth's
systems.  Within 20 years or less, these systems will have been decimated
to the point where they are no longer able to work effectively.

I don't know if it will be of benefit to you, but R. Buckminster Fuller,
Ph.D. prior to his death published a 'Chronology of Scientific
Discoveries and Artifacts' covering the period from Ancient - 4,000 B.C.
until 1979; and a 'Chronological Inventory of Prominent Scientific,
Technological, Economic, and Political World Events from 1895 to 1980 in
his book, 'Critical Path' which is now out of publication.  The book was
available through: St. Martin's Press, 175 Fifth Avenue, New York,  N.Y.,
10010.

With best regards,

marguerite

Marguerite Hampton
Executive Director - Turtle Island Institute
EcoPilgrim@juno.com
http://tii-kokopellispirit.org

_____

=====