WSN needs some positve ideas
by Paul Riesz
14 February 2001 00:11 UTC

Dear Petros:
Unfortunately our communications did not continue, which is a pity, since
there are many well argued criticisms of the present world system, but few
ideas on what could or should be done to improve this sorry state of affairs.
Richard Moore has lately tried to promote his plans for a non-hierachical,
harmonizing New World Order, but in my opinion, his ideas are nothing but
wishful thinking.
Such a system might have worked with the Sioux tribes, because they were
composed of hunter- gatherers, individuals with almost identical interests
and who probably needed to cooperate for best hunting results.
In almost any modern community there are groups with very different
interests, that only in very rare cases might achieve his desired
harmonization,
As to larger entities, there are so immense differences in wealth,
viewpoints etc. that chances for success would be nil.
Furthermore he has not been able to explain, how decisions arrived at by
consensus, could be carried out without an executive with authority to act,
without even thinking of the immense tasks needed to address the grave
problems of our time, such as the exponential growth of populations, the
needed changeover to a sustainable management of natural resources etc..
Therefore I should like to invite you for a last time to discuss such
subjects objectively, hoping we might come up with at least a starting
point for a wider discussion.
Regards             Paul