Re: rkm's manifesto
by Richard K. Moore

1/19/2001, Thomas Griffiths wrote:
    > rkm, isn't the onus on you to provide evidence that this
    cycle is at an end, particularly since its been going on for
    a few thousand years.

But Thomas, I've presented lots of evidence, and no one has
responded to any of it.  Responses have been limited mainly
to "I don't agree with the conclusions", and that we all
knew in the first place.  I don't mind participating in this
frustrating process, because the frustration forces me to
find new ways to express and approach the ideas.  But it
would be even more useful if people actually responded to
the evidence and the arguments.

Never in history has there been a regime that dominated the
entire globe, with both overwhelming military superiority
and a network of relationships that root its power deeply in
every society.  And never has there been a regime so
self-aware of its own historic role, so flexible in its
ideologies and tactics, and so facile at re-engineering
societies by design to accomplish chosen objectives.  There
have been past comparable masters at geopolitical
manipulation, but never one with the opportunity to play the
pieces on both sides of the chessboard, a master with no
real opponent.

This regime has selected, very consciously, a structure for
world governance, and has designed in a considerable degree
of stability.  While the WTO and its sister agencies are
familiar to all, the more critical component of the
governance scheme is the Huntingtonian formula for
'stability through perpetual conflict', based on a tiered
hierarchy of regional powers.

If someone would like to argue that Huntington's formula is
flawed, or that it's implementation is doubtful, then that
would be an interesting discussion.  Instead, the WSN
community doesn't seem to even recognize the existence of
this super-national governance structure - everyone talks
about U.S. power as if we were still in the pre-1945 era.

Thomas - what kind of evidence are you looking for?  Would
you be so kind to at least say a few words about the above,
which I consider enough evidence to at least deserve a
response.

best regards,
rkm