Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 22:32:27 -0500 (EST)
From: franka@fiu.edu
To: Metta Spencer <mspencer@web.net>, manni@snafu.de,
     Miguel Frank <mfrank@europarl.eu.int>,
     Fiona Godfrey <fgodfrey@t-online.de>
Cc: Paul Frank <paulfrank@post.harvard.edu>, franka@fiu.edu,
     Mitja Zagar <mitja.zagar@guest.arnes.si>, Dusan Pajin <dpajin@f.bg.ac.yu>,
     Michel Chossudovsky <chossudovsky@videotron.ca>,
     David Jacobs <david@ShellJacobs.com>,
     Albert J Bergesen <albert@U.Arizona.EDU>, vmulay@po-box.mcgill.ca,
     Maya khankhoje <khankhoje@sprint.ca>,
     Shree Mulay <smulay@po-box.mcgill.ca>
Subject: [indict-nato] Independent: Anything (fwd)

Paul and Al: when i sent you stuff i and others wrote about the NATO war,
Al dismissed mine with 'this is just legalistic' irrelevancy, and Paul
responded that there are all sorts of evidence and arguments on both
sides.

You may recall that I particularly condemmned the NATO=US use of DU, for
the reasons stated below especially by Prodi about its effects on the
population in general, not to mention on the much smaller number of
offensive troops being put in harms way by their own commands.
What I wrote  in 1999 was 'informed' by what i had already written ten
years earlier about the US use of DU against Iraq, which then led to
the Desert Storm Syndrome that  is still being 'investigated', all the
while neglecting or denyind the almost certainly causative use of DU. So
now we have a "Balkan Syndrome' obviously named after the one in the Iraq war.

While I was in Canada, I listened to and met a woman who has devoted years
to studying the DU effects IN/ON Iraq/ies. Alas, since my files were wiped
out in my move from Canada to Miami, my direct access to her also
disappeared. But Metta [e-mail above] can surely contact here for
 anyone interested -- I am!.

                 ANDRE  GUNDER  FRANK

         1601 SW  83rd Avenue, Miami, FL.  33155 USA
      Tel: 1-305-266  0311   Fax:  1-305  266 0799
                E-Mail :  franka@fiu.edu
   Web/Home Page:  http://csf.colorado.edu/archive/agfrank