Re: What do you think?
by Seyed Javad

Dear George,

Sorry for being so concise. First of all I wanted to open a debate which in
my view could be significant in reviewing the way(s) we are accustomed to
think about the social-logy.
By historiography, I meant the way the formation of history of sociology has
been narrated.  Sociology relies heavily on the wisdom of vast debates
between atheists and religious thinkers, free-thinkers versus catholics or
protestants , and the way history and its progress has been conceived:
catholics vs protestant and the latter is related to humanist endeavours and
again one reads that these attempts were the result of
'translation'-movement from Greek to modern languages,... and there is the
Italian Renaissance! Just some decades or so before this renaissnace next to
Italy in Spain one sees a great cultural and scientific movements but the
impact of these are  not properly, at least in my view, addressed due to
denominational differences: Islam vs Christianity. It seems there is more to
the problem than the conventional historiography accounts for.  In my view
sociology rests on these great pillars and the very foundations of modernity
are dependent on this conventional historiography. Hope I am making sense!
Best
Seyed