< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: re-2: W Wager - Centripetal & Holograhpic models

by Richard K. Moore

17 December 2000 20:43 UTC

12/16/2000, wwagar@binghamton.edu wrote:
    > ...parties, leaders, texts, ideologies, working across
    national frontiers, and coordinating efforts. Perhaps I am
    too mired in the past.  But why does it have to be all or
    nothing?  Can't lateral energies and hierarchical forces
    work in tandem, complementing one another?  I would like to
    believe that we are entering a New Age when everybody
    singing their own song will somehow produce a symphony, but
    my faith in this happening any time soon is very weak.

Wagner,

Yes - even the center has a role to play in a decentraized
world.  If a World Party comes into existence, and _if it
manages to dispense wisdom, then it should enjoy unique
influence.  My own efforts can be called 'centralist', in
that they speak to overall strategy, and can claim no
localized constituency.

Let me ask you - is your apprehension of
decentralization based on a fear of its possible outcomes,
or a fear of its inefficacy?  If inefficacy, then I
understand - we are after all talking about something
untried (unless we are able to translate honorable
pre-civilized forms to the present age). But if the fear is
based on outcomes, then I say leave your fear behind - if we
cannot trust in our fellow humans, then what is the point of
anything?  Who is there that you would trust instead?

We've tried hierarchy, for 10,000 years. Those who win that
game are those most eager to play it - and that does not
include anyone concerned with the human condition.

Go ahead, create a World Party; recruit the best people you
can for it.  Bring in as much diverse representation as you
can.  Communicate your deliberations far and wide.    But
don't expect to be _the center of the universe.  Be _a
fount of good ideas and _an orchestrator of collaborative
forums.

rkm