< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: * DRAFT FRAMEWORK FOR MOVEMENT SUCCESS*

by Ken Ka`imi Stokes

17 December 2000 16:44 UTC

Aloha from the taro roots of tiny Kaua`i!

When we hear folks way up there talking about building a movement from way
down here...
we can only cheer!  Maika`i (outstanding)!

This thread is particularly exciting because
it mimics similar discussions now cropping up
in various global fora... mebbe we could at least help
guide these strategizing efforts toward each other...

We share the view that networking is our principal task,
and our service is geared to empower community intiative
across the spectrum of cultural and ecological challenges in each
watershed/ahupua`a.

Any communication that helps us feel more connected globally is a plus.
Any centripetal force that helps us tune our effectiveness is a bonus.
Anything we're doing that others find helpful is a blessing.

Ken Ka`imi Stokes
Ho`okipa Network of Kauaian CBOs
aka "virtual taro patch on Kaua`i"
<http://www.hawaiian.net/~cbokauai>