< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: Thinking out loud

by Alan Spector

01 December 2000 06:14 UTC

Richard K. Moore wrote this in response to my comment:

Also, that the list has a strong in-group culture, with
disdain for outside views (re: "like the caterpillar in
'Alice in Wonderland'..."). I suppose that explains why

My use of the metaphor of the caterpillar wasn't meant to express disdain.
It was meant to make a point that words generally DON'T have intrinsic
meanings and people often use them in different ways. The way I define
"racism" and "communism" and "fascism", among others, have often been
critiqued by others. I don't have "disdain" for Richard's views. I find many
of his comments helpful in defining and clarifying many of the issues that
are discussed on WSN.