< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: Clinton's declaration of roadless areas (was-save the world forfree!)

by Michael Pugliese

10 July 2000 01:09 UTC

    In case Richard and the rest of the list hasn't heard, last week there
was a far right convergence under the name of the ,"Jarbridge
Shovel Brigade, " in Nevada of hundreds of anti-enviro, anti-"War on the
West, " nutters to remove a huge boulder that the US Forest Service had put
in the way to block access to a road that was due to soil ersion endangering
a fish species whose name escapes me right now. The report on NPR had one of
the organizers spouting that hard right anti-"New World Order, " malarky. I
wouldn't be too
confident that Gore or Bush won't make some craven compromise
to assuage these folks. For some "from the horses mouth" reportage goto
www.sierratimes.com
and www.freerepublic.com
   And since, Richard is in Arizona, how about some words on those Arizona
ranchers killing Mexican immigrants in transit over their land? A very
right-wing org called, "Voice of Citizens Together, " which to me looks like
the KKK kinda crowd has been making hay over a non-existent Aztlan
Liberation Army for months. Watch Pat Buchanan get into the Presidential
Debates and make some points for these nativists.
   Methinks, those of us that relate exclusively to other lefties can lose
sight of the other side where a Rush Limbaugh is listened to by 20 million.
                                                   Michael Pugliese (who
listens to too many hard right radio networks like Heritage, Genesis, and
the Truth Radio Network. [Pacifica Radio- boring, earnest!] Paranoia has a
certain allure!)