< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

save the world for free!

by Richard N Hutchinson

10 July 2000 00:02 UTC

World System Greens-

I recently discovered a great way to save the world for free!

Just go to the World Wildlife Fund site (www.worldwildlife.org).
There you can find action alerts on various legislation to save wilderness
areas.  It's called the Conservation Action Network (CAN, like "can
do," what an all-American thing!).

Just fill out the steps on the site, and you can send messages to various
government officials for free.  Then you'll get periodic reminders of new
alerts.  The latest alert is to Mike Dombeck, head of the Forest Service,
asking him to toughen up the provisions of Clinton's recent declaration of
roadless areas.  (I'm new to this -- I'm not sure whether the alerts
include issues outside the U.S.)

So if you want to save wilderness and other species, and ensure that our
kids (kids' kids' kids' etc)  don't live in a world of concrete and
cockroaches (and perhaps bioengineered monstrosities), help save the world
for free!

RH