< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

AW: Money and the gold standard

by Tausch, Arno

21 June 2000 10:19 UTC

estoy muy de acuerdo con lo que dices, hector. vease tambien mi analisis del
euro,

http://csf.colorado.edu/wsystems/archive/books/tausch/spartoc.htm

capitulo III.9 - The Rotten Heart of Europe

quizas podemos entrar en un debate 'virtual'

arno

vease tambien, especialmente:

Ch. 7   Raul Prebisch's Contribution to a Humane World (Steffen Flechsig)
103

en:

RECENTLY PUBLISHED TITLES

http://www.amazon.com

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/

(Web book trade)

Global Capitalism, Liberation Theology, and the Social Sciences : An
Analysis of the Contradictions of Modernity at the Turn of the Millennium
by Andreas Muller, Arno Tausch, Paul Michael Zulehner

http://www.mzf.org/froben.htm
http://www.univie.ac.at/

Price: $69.00

Hardcover (April 2000)
Nova Science Publishers, Inc.; ISBN: 1560726792

----
Book Description

At a time of the profound crisis of the world capitalist system, a group of
social scientists and theologians takes up anew the issue of liberation
theology. Having arisen out of the struggle of the poor Churches in the
world's South, its pros and cons dominated the discourse of the Churches
throughout much of the 1970s and 1980s. Then, dependency theory was
considered to be the analytical tool at the basis of liberation theology.
But the world economy - since the Fall of the Berlin Wall - has dramatically
changed to become a truly globalized capitalist system in the 1990s. Even in
their wildest imaginations, social scientists from the dependency tradition
and theologians alike would not have predicted for example the elementary
force of the Asian and the Russian crisis of today. The Walls have gone, but
poverty and social polarization spread to the center countries. After having
initially rejected Marxist ideology in many of the liberation theology
documents, the Vatican and many other Christian Church institutions moved
forward in the 1980s 1990s to strongly declare their "preferential option
for the poor". Now, the authors of this book, among them Samir Amin, one of
the founders of the world system approach, take up the issues of this
preferential option anew and arrive at an ecumenical vision of the dialogue
between theology and world system theory at the turn of the new millenium.

Legal Notices © 1996-1999, Amazon.com, Inc.

FROM THE BOOK
Table of Contents

        Biographical Sketches
Pt. 1   Introduction    1
Ch. 1   Introduction (Andreas Müller OFM, Arno Tausch, Paul M. Zulehner)
3
Pt. 2   Towards an Ecumenical View of Capitalism and the Religions 'of the
Book'   27
Ch. 2   Judaism, Christianity and Islam: An Introductory Approach to their
Real or Supposed Specificities by a Non-Theologian (Samir Amin) 29
Pt. 3   Formulating a Liberation Theology Agenda of the 1990s and Beyond
45
Ch. 3   Economics and Theology, Reflections on the Market, Globalization and
the Kingdom of God (Jung Mo Sung)       47
Ch. 4   Saint Francis and Capitalist Modernity. A View from the South
(Alberto da Silva Moreira)      61
Ch. 5   Feminism in the Country of Liberation Theology: Peru (Krystyna
Tausch) 79
Ch. 6   Ethical, Biblical and Theological Aspects of Foreign Debt (Andreas
Müller) 91
Ch. 7   Raul Prebisch's Contribution to a Humane World (Steffen Flechsig)
103
Pt. 4   The Lessons of 'Critical' Development Research and the Contemporary
Capitalist World System 125
Ch. 8   Liberation Theology and the Social Sciences: Seven Hypotheses about
The World Capitalist System in Our Age (Arno Tausch)    127
Ch. 9   Development in the Light of Recent Debates about Development Theory
(S. Mansoob Murshed)    153
Ch. 10  New Forms of Dependence in the World System (Kunibert Raffer)   169

Pt. 5   The Challenges of Globalization and Transnational Integration   185

Ch. 11  Towards a Theology of the Democratization of Europe (Severin
Renoldner)      187
Ch. 12  The Race to the Bottom (Robert J. Ross) 199
Ch. 13  New Departures. On the Social Positioning of the Christian Churches
Before and After Communism in Central and Eastern Europe (Paul M. Zulehner)
215
Ch. 14  The Church of the Southern Andes in Peru: Its Commitment in Favor of
the Poor (Luis Zambrano)        231
        Statistical Appendix - Poverty, Dependency, Human Right Violations
and Economic Growth in the World System 241
        Resources for Further Studies   257
        An Attempt at an Ecumenical and Cross Cultural Bibliography     259

ELECTRONIC BOOK TITLES

in the World Systems Archive

http://csf.colorado.edu/wsystems/

http://csf.colorado.edu/wsystems/archive/books/tausch/tauschtoc.htm