< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: Troubles of the World (fwd)

by wwagar

03 June 2000 07:08 UTC

Dear Mine,

        Please read my post again.  I do not think any of the things you
credit me with.  I was only trying to suggest that we need to rise above
our righteous ad hoc indignation, and virtually all of it is righteous,
and realize that what is required is a world-historical systemic
transformation.  So it's not a question of this horror or that horror,
but of the intrinsic horror of the world-system itself, which in turn is
only the latest manifestation of the age-old--and now obsolete--proclivity
of the (temporarily) rich and powerful to sustain their hegemony.

        Warren