< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Troubles of the World (fwd)

by md7148

03 June 2000 04:31 UTC

Warren, I think you are wrong, or you articulated your ideas quite
differently. If you think the genocide in Iraq, NATO crap in Kosovo or
population issues have nothing to do with the modern world system and the
fact that most of the wealth is concentrated in the west, you are not sure
about which world system you are referring to. Kurds are being
exterminated by Saddam every second. Turks are taking the support of US
to persecute Kurd people in their own territory, while letting US war
planes bomb no-fly zones and civil settlements in Iraq. Rusian soldiers
are killing Checen women and children, and the US is doing its best to
legitimize Russian aggression. Taliban is using western tanks to press
women to wall. Which world are you living in? I wonder how a modern world
system analysis would look like without even discussing these facts you
call "bullshit"...

May be I am too dense, but I find your language inappropriate here.
You just stress out by dictating us what to discuss. Crazy about not
being dictated personality wise, I find your response non-communicative
and a restless invitation to "off topic" siliness..

Mine

 Dear List,

        Sorry, but we need to re-focus.  We all know that the great issue
facing humankind in the 21st Century is not the rights of frozen embryos
or the genocide in Iraq or the crap dispensed by Madeline Albright or NATO
bullshit about Kosovo or whatever.  The problem is that most of the wealth
and power in the modern world-system is wielded by the 20% of the world's
people who live in the "advanced" countries, and that most of their wealth
and power is in turn concentrated in the top 5% of the people in the top
20%.

        The only sane response to this conundrum, I maintain, is global
revolutionary politics.  I'm not particularly fastidious about whether the
model is Leninist, Trotskyist, or (Michael) Harrisonian.  When in reason's
name are we going to mount a concerted, effective, worldwide response?

        So forget, if you can, about the details.  The details are
obvious.  What's lacking is the grand strategy.

        In comradeship,

        Warren