< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: gender: Judith Butler's pseudo materialism and cultural feminism.(fwd)

by md7148

20 March 2000 00:47 UTC

Richard, I said, criticizing Butler, " gender oppresssion is NOT a
construction". it is not *simply* a discourse. it is a social, "systemic
ineguality" just as capitalism is. since it is social and not natural,
it can be changed. thus, you are reiterating my points below...

good night..

Mine

On Sat, 18 Mar 2000 md7148@cnsvax.albany.edu wrote:

> Gender oppression is not a construction. It is as real and oppressive
> as capitalism.

Mine-

But capitalism and gender stratification are *both* oppressive social
constructions!  Which can therefore, on principle, be changed, in reality,
and not just as discourse...

Richard