< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: Help Please...

by Jeffrey L. Beatty

12 February 2000 22:39 UTC

At 12:39 PM 2/12/00 -0500, you wrote:

>I am studying some controversial non-profit groups and would like to find
>out who their major donors/funders are (foundations, corporations, etc.).
> Does anyone have any ideas on how I would find out this information.  Is
>this information available somewhere?  The groups are both 501(c)3 and
>501(c)4.  Because of the controversial nature of my research it is not as
>simple as just asking them.
>
>Would appreciate any information,
>
>********************************
>Carina A. Bandhauer
>Doctoral Candidate
>Department of Sociology
>Binghamton University
>State University of New York
>Binghamton NY  13902-6000
>
>Office:    (607) 777-6337 (no message)
>VoiceMail: (607) 777-2203
>Fax:       (607) 777-4197
>Email:     br00162@binghamton.edu
>*********************************

I suggest checking out these web sites:

http://www.nonprofits.org/  "The Internet Nonprofit Center."

http://www.pj.org/ "Philanthropy News Network Online."

http://www.ai.mit.edu/people/ellens/non.html  "Select Nonprofit
Organizations on the Internet"
 (this one is actually a link to several other info centers of the type
listed above).

http://mel.lib.mi.us/social/SOC-noprofit.html  "Michigan Electronic Library
Social:  Nonprofit Organizations, Philanthropy, and Voluntarism."

http://nonprofit.about.com/business/nonprofit/mbody.htm  This is a page of
links about nonprofit organizations provided by About.com

http://www.yale.edu/divinity/ponpo/index.html  This is the web page of the
Program on Non-profit Organizations of the Yale Divinity School.

If all else fails, you might try contacting Yale's program directly by
e-mailing ponpo@yale.edu

Hope this helps.

--
Jeffrey L. Beatty
Doctoral Student

(o) 614/292-2880
(h) 614/688-0567

Email:  Beatty.4@osu.edu
___
This is my quest/to follow that star/no matter how hopeless /no matter how
far,
to fight for the right/without question or pause,/to be willing to
march into hell for a heavenly cause--"The Impossible Dream," Man of La
Mancha