< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Conflicting visions for a World System

by Paul Riesz

22 January 2000 15:17 UTC

As far as I can understand it (please correct me if I am wrong) the basic
goal of this group is to  argue about a better system for a world wide
society.

There seem to be 2 opposite visions; which I should like to define as
1. the extreme capitalistic one = GOVERNMENT OF THE WORLD, BY THE RICH and
FOR THE RICH.
2. And the extreme Marxist one = GOVERNMENT OF THE WORLD, BY THE PARTY and
FOR THE PARTY.

What about a 3rd option?
Could one not envision a World Confederation of Independent States, having
some mechanisms for peacefully resolving disputes among members and a few
more, while in general leaving members free to organize themselves
according to the wishes of their people?

Greetings               Paul Riesz