< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: Debt relief

by Steve Kurtz

25 December 1999 15:28 UTC

Hi Ed & all,

I agree with Ed's assessment to a great extent. If power diffusion
doesn't accompany the debt relief, only a slight trickle down effect is
likely. When there is more to skim, appetites seem to expand to sop it
up. I do expect increases in social programs as 'proof' that the relief
benefits all. New pipelines will permit new trickles, but I bet others
are quietly closed over time.

Since I am new to WSN, I'll add that my focus is a materially
sustainable healthy habitat, which in my opinion is necessary for any
socio-economic system to thrive.

Steve Kurtz