< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

last questions on sociobiology

by Richard N Hutchinson

13 December 1999 23:06 UTC

Andy-

There's really no point in continuing the discussion when we're talking
past one another.  But I have two last questions:

1) Do you reject the Darwinian theory of evolution as a valid guide for
        empirical research?

2) Do you reject the premise that Homo sapiens is a biological species,
        and therefore subject in principle to explanation using the same
        empirical research guided by evolutionary theory as that applied
        to other species?

If so, isn't your position just a left-humanist version of "scientific
creationism"?

If not, then I seriously haven't the foggiest notion as to why you and
others so adamantly refuse to accept that sociobiological research is a
valid part of the attempt to understand the world (other than the
Durkheimian explanation I have already proposed, and I wasn't being
facetious).

RH

I don't intend to respond to this thread again until something other than
ideological animus is brought to bear.  We'll just have to agree to
disagree on this one while fighting the world-system.