< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: "sociobiology" citation

by Richard N Hutchinson

13 December 1999 21:41 UTC

No, Andy, it is just your ideological blinders that maintain that
"sociobiology's purpose is to legitimate exploitation."

You're up against a straw man, not the actual empirical evidence.

Again, if you want to tilt at ideological windmills, fine, but scholars
are using "sociobiology," the theoretical perspective, not the fascist
plot of dogmatic imagination, to do serious research, as my public health
example shows.  Be my guest if you choose to ignore the research and focus
on your ideological bogeyman, but in doing so you're not doing marxism any
favors.

RH