< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

RE: leftism LITE

by Elson

29 November 1999 21:49 UTC

My two cents: yes it was strong, but I think we should ignore the ad
hominem attacks,
especially since no names were mentioned, and simply focus on the point
being made.

The point has validity: how easy it is to talk about violence.  The only
problem I
have is that it may be that some subscribers, including those who believe
violence is
a good strategy or is unavoidable,  have in fact experienced political
violence first
hand.  Or, for example, three of my colleagues in grad school (my
department actively
recruited from the periphery), had been members of revolutionary armies and
had lived
in the jungles in  Latin America and Southeast Asia.  I recall one person
who just
would not about the experience.  Such persons may be subscribers now.