< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: State Strategy or Global Strategy?

by Richard N Hutchinson

28 November 1999 23:35 UTC

Elson-

I think you make a mighty big assumption when you say "we don't have time
to wait for a nation/state-based strategy," and therefore argue for a
"global" strategy.  We don't have the vaguest notion what this "global"
strategy is -- how can you know how long it will take?

My position (not favorable to the world party proposal) rests partly on
this precise point -- but the other way around.  Until a clear global
strategy emerges, the world's progressive forces need to learn from the
mistakes, and organize as best they can to work with/through/seize and
anything else that works, the structure of states.

united front of the world's middle class NGOs.  But I don't see that as
synonymous with a "world party" that would truly represent the world's
majority.

RH